We recommend you only use our Premium Wallpaper Adhesive for a strong hold.
- Check the packaging to find out how much water you will need based on the type of wallpaper you are hanging. The information for our Premium Wallpaper Adhesive is listed below.
- Fill a bucket with the appropriate amount of water. Measure the correct amount of paste for the square footage of wallpaper to be hung.
- Begin to stir the water with a mixing stick.
- Slowly and steadily, begin pouring the paste into the swirling water while continuing the mixing motion. Adding too much paste at once can create lumps.
- Stir vigorously while changing directions for 30 seconds.
- Leave the paste the paste to stand for 3 minutes.
- Stir again thoroughly.
- The paste is now ready to use.
ILW Premium Wallpaper Adhesive mix ratios:
|Application||Quantity of cold water to use per sachet||Approximate coverage per sachet*|
|Normal wallpapers and most lining papers||6 Pints / 3.4 Litres||3 Rolls|
|Blown Vinyl, Vinyl wallcoverings and washables||5 Pints / 2.8 Litres||2-3 Rolls|
|Embossed papers||4 Pints / 2.3 Litres||2 Rolls|
|Heavy embossed papers||3.5 Pints / 2 Litres||1-2 Rolls|
|Paste the walls||3.5 Pints / 2 Litres||1-2 Rolls|
*NB: These figures are intended as a guide only.
Sizing: When sizing walls before papering, mix contents of sachet into 8 pints (4.5 Litres) of cold water.